Thursday, April 11, 2013

Zulus, Fasands of 'em!

Well, 3 of them at least, but every horde has to start somewhere. These guys were a blister from Reaper miniatures, and are a little larger than 28mm, so are therefore the perfect scale for Dystopian Legions. I bought them at the same time as this guy who you may have seen popping in this blog up as a re purposed DL sergeant, but they were wasting away in the bits box till recently, when they were pulled out, re based and painted up. They made a great little break from the redcoats of my KoB army, whilst still being relatively 'on theme'.

I don't know if Spartan Games have any plans to provide rules for use of this type of warrior in DL, but I'm sure it wouldn't take much to Home-Brew some rules to match the minis. Getting piles of Zulus is not an issue these days, with there being plenty of plastic boxed sets on the market. Just the odd tweak the one of two of the recovered rifles these guys hold and we're good to go. I must say, there's a gap in the market for Steampunk Zulus that I'm surprised has yet to be filled!

How would these hordes fair against the steampunk fuelled forces of the world? Sturginium powered rifles can only do so much, when the wielders are outnumbered by thousands of Zulus. I feel a scenario coming on.

There are some touch ups to do, since I've seen the pics of these guys, but they're otherwise good to go!

8 comments:

  1. Nice work, I like the Zulu in the red coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray, He's my favourite too, he'll stand out in what will eventually be the Zulu Horde!

      Delete
  2. Beautifully done Sir, I've been tempted by these myself,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, they are nice minis, and fir well with the almost 32mm Dystopina Legions, but I don't know how they'd work with other companies stuff.

      Delete