Thursday, July 10, 2014

IHMN: Society of Thule, Count Friedrich von Ströheim

Got the brushes out last night, and came across this guy at the top of the lead pile, and I figured he fitted perfectly with this month's Colore ton Monde challenge, so job done!

Count Friedrich von Ströheim is the leader of the Society, and as such is clearly the star of the show. He, along with the Tod-truppen, mean I am now half way through painting this faction, at least as it comes in the box, as I have bought a bunch of other Jäger minis to boost their numbers if need be.

 

I may go back and add something to the base, and the face leaves a lot to be desired (mostly due to casting issues on the right side behind the pipe), so that will likely be redone. There's a nice big line through his shoulder that I missed too that I'm rather annoyed about, but hey, it's table ready.

I'm also swithering whether to go back and paint the helmet black instead of silver. Any thoughts?

With the challenge out of the way, I'm free to get on with whatever, but I think I'll try to get the rest of this faction done. I've mostly finished the base coats on the Jägers, which only leaves 2 more to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment