Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Kingdom of Britannia: Basset Tankettes III

I think I'm happy with these now, and will get on with making the bases, as there's nothing more to add to the painting of the minis.

Last night I did a last wash of watered down arcane blue (P3) over the brass wheels, followed a  by a mix of terracotta earth and Lahmian medium, then a dab of yellow earth. I have also included a picture of the Tankette beside a Rifleman, to show the Tankette to scale. It may end up a few millimetres higher once the base is complete, but not much more than that.


Tankette to scale
Wash of Arcane Blue (P3)


The second section of Riflemen are well on their way now. Their base coat is all but done, just some inks and highlights to finish them off. There's a drummer boy in the section too, painted in the same scheme and at the same time, but he seems to have fallen off the edge of the pictures. Man, inspiration has truly struck for this army. I think it helsp that the options are so far limited for troop choice. The only think I am not yet in the zone for are the character model from the box set, and the Sky Hussars (I don't know what colour scheme I want for either).




2 comments:

  1. Great job, and very inspiring! I guess this will be my next investment! :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very fun minis to paint and look at. They were not the best in game when I last played, but I haven't tried the latest incarnation of the rules (no local players). Have they improved?

      Delete