Friday, February 22, 2013

Kingdom of Britannia: KRRC, all but done

A dash last night to get some painting in whilst the better half watched Grey's Anatomy, and these guys are all but finished. I have left myself with only the basing to do to bring these guys into line with the rest of the force. The only other bit of painting I may have to do is to add a little something to the face of the drummer boy. As a non-combatant, he'll be staying on the table till the end of the fight, and all that braiding catches the eye, so I feel like I have to do something a little better than what we see here.


Some better pictures of the drummer. I don't know why I bother with these close-ups, all they do is show off the inconsistencies with my painting and make me realise all the bits I missed, showing me I'm not as finished as I once thought.


The best laid plans...
The more eagle eyed amongst you may note that I didn't quite stick to the colour scheme I had planned, as shown here. I went with white/khaki haversacks and belts instead of the black shown. There are a few reasons for this. I hear mention there are to be a section of the 95th available in the future, so I want to keep the black for them. Also, the khaki allows these guys to fit in better with the with the colour scheme I used for the 24th, giving me some uniformity where otherwise we have 2 different coloured units. These all seem great reasons, yes? The real reason is, I didn't look back at the scheme I posted, and just started painting. Just as well, as I'm rotten at painting black leather.

No comments:

Post a Comment