Sunday, January 27, 2013

Bag o' archers

An impulse buy at my FLGS, and nothing more, but for $5, you really can't go wrong with a bag of 21 plastic archers. I'm pretty certain they're GW Bretonnians although I'm not certain of what vintage. I doubt I'll use them as such, but they would make great longbowmen, for historic use (maybe War of the Roses archers?). Three have been (badly) painted, but I'm sure I can clean that up easily enough. Two of the bows are broken, but again, that should be easily remedied.

Suggestions for what to use them for on a postcard to the usual address.





8 comments:

  1. Nice looking archers Derek...
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yup! I just need to find an excuse to use them...

      Delete
  3. Nice and cheap, a great bargin. I'd have then as English archers, getting ready to mow down the French Knights at Agincourt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Ray, that may be a good use for them too. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Definitely Bretonnian archers from the 5th ed box (Bretonnians vs Lizardmen). They were probably sculpted by one or both of the Perrys, so they should be fair use for an medieval setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that, that's exactly the kind of information I was looking for! :D

      Delete