Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Ménage du printemps: VI Bog Trogs


Phase 2. Undercoat done. The easy part, although I should have given a coat of watered down PVA to all the wood and lichen that I added to the bases, as they started to flake when I gave them a coat of paint. No matter.


Phase 3, the base coat also begun. I have to go buy myself a little pot of paint to do the base for the main body parts. I am not one to be a slave to the studio scheme by any means, but I do think for the Bog Trogs, it works well, and in going for this scheme, I can rely on a tutorial I found back in NQ 13. This again saves me from thinking too hard, and speeds up the project, allowing me to get to the end quicker, and onto the real goal of using the still water to complete the bases.


The green on the blades is actually P3 arcane blue, which will allow me to experiment in that oxidised brass/bronze look that I have seen done so well, but have yet to imitate. After all, these guys live in a bog, there's no way iron armour or weapons would last longer that one skirmish.

No comments:

Post a Comment