Sunday, May 3, 2015

Finishing some Viridians

In the first painting session for about 2 weeks, pulled out some old Viridians, with the plan to finish off some paint jobs that had been sitting around for far too long This was inspired in part by the Viridian Wars blog, and partly by Colore ton Monde ending, which has made me go back an complete old stuff for some reason, rather than starting any new projects.

This may also be inspired by the spring clean going on in our house this weekend too.

So, a triple whammy of reasons to go back and fill in some blanks that have been staring at me. I hope there'll be some more of this to follow in the rest of the month. In fact, this month's mini for the Khador Caster Challenge fits this bill too, as I have an eButcher sitting around base coated that I plan to do next.

So let's call May the spring cleaning month, and use it to our advantage shall we!

These guys were painted for a Colore ton Monde back in April 2014, but have been sitting on whote bases ever since. No more! Now they are based to fit the scheme of the rest of my Viridians. Although, there are another 4 or 5 of these bases to go, but they will be completed soon. These bases are from a discontinued line by Secret Weapon. The other 5 are from a similar line, but are different enough, with none of the large modelling of these bases. Hopefully keeping the palate the same should make them all blend in seamlessly.


 

Looking at them I the harsh light of a close up photograph, there's a lot of things about the way I painted these that I would do differently now. Only a year's difference, and still so much to learn and master.

No comments:

Post a Comment