Friday, May 4, 2012

Ménage du printemps: II Time travellers

The first two minis for the may challenge were started last night (I may have put a lick or two of paint on some of the others while I had the paints out). I went with the pair of time travellers to begin. For Dr Malcolm Ecclescake, I chose the studio colours. His outfit seems only to vary in the colour of T-shirt he wears. His leather jacket is as far as i can make out, black. I decided that this would be too much, what with the black trousers (that, and black is a real pain in the ass to get right) so I went with a dark brown (P3 ochre), with a black wash. It may not come out too well in the pics, as the black was is too shiny, but it looks the real deal IRL.


Base Coat

Inked

Sacsha Dubois does not suffer from the same monochromatism. I decided she was much more in the vein of Captain Jack, not afraid to add a bit of colour. I'm not yet sure as to what colour I'll settle on for the trousers and top, especially the cog motif, but I'm happy enough with the base. Combat ready, but yet fashionable.

Base Coat

Inked
 

Highlights and detailling to follow. Then I'll have to decide on how I want to paint the rest.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good, a little matt varnish should tone down the shiny black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally, I don't varnish my minis. A time thing, and until recently, I haven't completed enough to make it a worthwhile investment. With the completion of my Urban War factions however, I think I'll be making the investment, at which point, I'll be doing this lot too. I think a little shine on the jacket may be in order though, it is supposed to be leather.

      Delete